Home  |  About Us  |  Contact Us  |  Subscribe
Search NSRC:      Advanced search  
Sexual Literacy Logo Sexual Literacy spacer American Sexuality Magazine Logo American Sexuality magazine spacer Sexual Research and Social Policy Logo Sexual Research and Social Policy spacer spacer spacer

Monday, January 28, 2008

"10 things you shouldn't say to a guy"..the 1950's edition

I wanted to give MSN Lifestyle kudos, for reminding us that: Men are From Mars and Women from Venus. Luckily, they've decided to help the sexes communicate by publishing this very helpful list of the "10 things you should never say to a guy"

I'm going to skip the formalities and reveal the #1 faux pas according to MSN Lifestyle:

1) "That looks cute."
For the most part, men hate cute. We don't want to hear about it, we don't want to see it, and we sure as hell don't want to be it. If we come down stairs after getting dressed and you tell us we look cute, there's a 100 percent chance we're changing. We're supposed to be your protector, your rock, and cute does not fit into that picture.


Could it get any WEAKER?

God, you'd think that they'd include something that at least alludes to the fact that it's 2008, something a smidgen plucky. I have a few suggestions of my top 10 things to never say to a guy: "You're right honey, birth control IS my responsiblity" or "Oh, don't worry about cleaning that up. I'll take care of it later". But maybe I'm just old fashioned.

2 Comments:

  • I love your suggestions! Here are a couple of things I think we should never say to a guy:

    1. If you loved me, you'd know what I want (sexually or otherwise) without having to ask.

    2. Does/do my cellulite/sagging breasts/big rear make me look unsexy?

    3. Is it in yet?


    Joan Price
    author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty (http://www.joanprice.com/BetterThanExpected.htm )
    Join us -- we're talking about ageless sexuality at http://www.betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Joan Price, at Tue Feb 05, 02:45:00 PM PST  

  • I can't imagine ever telling a man he looks cute. My desire for very masculine men just wouldn't let me do that.

    Yeah, it was pretty weak list in general.

    I'd like to add, "Here, hold my purse?"

    I'd never ask a man to do that. I hate seeing men get stuck with that task, and I can't stand it when women do that. That's just wrong.

    By Blogger Lone Chatelaine, at Fri Feb 08, 07:27:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home