Home  |  About Us  |  Contact Us  |  Subscribe
Search NSRC:      Advanced search  
Sexual Literacy Logo Sexual Literacy spacer American Sexuality Magazine Logo American Sexuality magazine spacer Sexual Research and Social Policy Logo Sexual Research and Social Policy spacer spacer spacer

Monday, April 23, 2007

Lesbian sex book upsets father

This news story was sent to me by not one, but two friends. I suppose they thought it was something worth our attention!

I think it is worth our attention. Sure, it has a dog-bites-man / McDonalds-didn't-warn-me-that-my-coffee-was-scalding-hot feeling to it. But the active banning of books from libraries smacks of censorship - the next step is book burning, no? It's sad that library's advisory board didn't have the courage to stand up to this overreacting father and tell him that a liberal society likes books as a rule of thumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home